Lighten up the dessert table at your holiday party with these Healthy Christmas Cookies, a.k.a salted dark chocolate covered coconut cookies. Holy YUM.
These are incredibly easy to make, but will wow your guests, for sure.
A rich vanilla-scented, creamy coconut center is enrobed in dark chocolate sprinkled with pink salt, for a dessert that’s suitable for everyone at the table (whether they are vegan, vegetarian, paleo, or just hungry).
I bet you’ll want to make these healthy Christmas cookies way after the season is over. And if you want to round out your Healthy Christmas Cookie spread, consider these Paleo Sugar Cookies, too.
Shop this Healthy Christmas Cookie Recipe
You can get all of the ingredients for this Healthy Christmas Cookie recipe on Vitacost.com, where healthy groceries are always on sale 25-50% off grocery store prices, and they’ll be delivered straight to your door. The brands I prefer – for both taste and nutrition include:
Try These Healthy Christmas Cookies
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it (by clicking the stars in the upper right of the recipe card, below), and don’t forget to tag a photo @mariamarlowe or #mariamarlowe on Instagram or Facebook. I’d love to see what you come up with!
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3 Tbsp. coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. date sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cashew butter
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- Himalayan pink salt
- Add shredded coconut to a blender, and process until it becomes a fine powder, about 30-60 seconds.
- Add the remaining cookie ingredients, and blend until a dough forms. If it is too dry, add more coconut milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until a dough forms.
- Use a spoon to scoop out about 10 evenly sized balls, and then press them into a round, flat cookie shape. Place them on a parchment lined baking sheet, and freeze for at least 15 minutes, to firm up.
- Once cookies are firm, using a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips. Use two forks to dip each cookie into the chocolate, carefully scrape off any excess, and then return to the sheet. Repeat with remaining cookies. You should have a little chocolate left. You can put it in a pastry bag and drizzle the chocolate over the cookies like shown in the photo, if desired.
- Grind a little bit of pink salt over the cookies.
- Refrigerate or freeze to firm up.
- You can easily double or triple this recipe for a crowd.
Maria Marlowe is a holistic nutrition and wellness coach who uses real food to help her clients improve their health, weight, and skin. She offers a 28-day healthy eating meal plan that teaches you how to batch cook, as well as one to clear up acne. Her most popular program is EatSLIM, a 10-week online group glass that guides participants to develop healthy eating habits that stick – and lose weight, boost their metabolism, improve their digestion, and quit sugar.
She writes healthy and delicious plant-based recipes for her popular blog. She is also the author of the #1 New Release on Amazon, The Real Food Grocery Guide, the most practical guide to selecting the healthiest foods, without going broke, which has been praised by Dr. Oz and InStyle magazines. You can find her on instagram @mariamarlowe.