Biting into one of these Goji Cookie Dough Truffles is pure bliss. They are super simple to make and because they are made with common pantry staples, you may even have all the ingredients already on hand for it! Bring them to a summer party to impress your friends, or pop one out of the freezer anytime you have a sweet craving.
Try These Goji Berry Cookie Dough Truffles
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it (by clicking the stars in the upper right of the recipe card, below), and don’t forget to tag a photo @mariamarlowe or #mariamarlowe on Instagram or facebook. I’d love to see what you come up with!
- 2 cups cashews
- 4 Tbsp. Grade B maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. Goji Berries
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 7 ounces of chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. Goji Berries, minced
- Combine all of the cookie dough ingredients in a blender until a dough forms, about 45 seconds.
- Lay out a piece of parchment or wax paper on a baking sheet, and then use a teaspoon to scoop out about 1 ½ or 2 teaspoons of dough, use your hands to roll it in a ball, and then place on the sheet. Repeat until all dough is used up. Place the sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, a few minutes before you plan to take the cookie dough out of the freezer, heat a double boiler and add the chocolate chips, stirring until melted completely.
- Remove the cookie dough balls from the freezer. Using two forks, dip each ball in one at a time, coat thoroughly, then remove to the same (frozen) baking sheet. Sprinkle with a few pieces of chopped goji berries. The chocolate should harden in a minute or two.
- Repeat with remaining balls. Then, put the sheet back in the freezer for another 20-30 minutes to harden completely. Keep them in the freezer, and remove just before serving.
Maria Marlowe is a holistic nutritionist and wellness coach who uses real food to help her clients improve their health, weight, and skin. She offers meal plans, ongoing group workshops both in NYC and online, and writes healthy and delicious recipes for her popular blog. She is also the author of The Real Food Grocery Guide, the most practical guide to selecting the healthiest foods, without going broke. Praised by Dr. Oz and InStyle magazine, it was a #1 new release on Amazon.