Add some color and nutrients to your morning with this insta-worthy Pitaya Superfood Smoothie Bowl…then head to instagram to win the ingredients and blender to make it!
Pitaya, or dragon fruit as it’s also called, is a tropical fruit that has bright pink flesh. While hard to find fresh in the states, you can often find it frozen in health food stores. It turns whatever you mix it with bright pink, so it’s a super fun (and nutritious) way to brighten up your breakfast bowl.
This smoothie bowl is packed with superfoods –
- pitaya (dragon fruit) – high in antioxidants
- hemp seeds – complete plant-based protein + omega 3s
- chia seeds – high in protein & fiber + omega 3s
- lettuce – adds water and nutrients
- coconut – electrolytes + healthy fats that support metabolism
- maca– supports fertility + hormone health
From now until May 15th, I’ve teamed up with 5 of my favorite REAL FOOD brands so you can win the ingredients…and a blender!…to make this smoothie bowl and many more. Simply enter our Instagram contest.
One lucky winner will receive:
- A year’s worth of organic greens from Organic Girl
- A Nutribullet Pro Blender
- 5 superfood powders from Navitas Organics: matcha, maca, cacao, acai, and wheatgrass
- 5 super seeds and oils from Nutiva: coconut oil, coconut manna, hemp seeds, chia seeds, and vanilla hemp protein
- A case of Harmless Harvest coconut water
- A case of frozen dragon fruit from Pitaya Plus
- 5 copies of The Real Food Grocery Guide by Maria Marlowe
Doesn’t get any sweeter than that!
Pitaya Smoothie Bowl Recipe
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it (by clicking the stars in the upper right of the recipe card, below), and don’t forget to tag a photo @mariamarlowe or #mariamarlowe on Instagram. I’d love to see what you come up with!
- 2 packs Pitaya Plus Pitaya
- 3 Tbsp. Nutiva Hemp Seeds
- 1 Tbsp. Nutiva Chia Seeds
- ½ cup Harmless Harvest Coconut Water
- 1 cup Organic Girl Butter Lettuce
- ½ cup frozen organic raspberries
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 Tbsp. Nutiva coconut manna
- ½ tsp. Navitas Organics maca
- 1 tsp. fresh lime or lemon juice
- Sliced strawberries
- Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Diced mango
- Sliced banana
- Dred coconut flakes
- Dried Goji Berries
- Cacao Nibs
- Place all superfood smoothie bowl ingredients in a blender, and blend on high until smooth. Pour into a bowl. Top with your favorite toppings.
Maria Marlowe is a holistic nutrition and wellness coach who uses real food to help her clients improve their health, weight, and skin. She offers a healthy eating meal plan that teaches you how to batch cook, as well as one to clear up acne. She has ongoing group workshops both in NYC and online, and writes healthy and delicious plant-based recipes for her popular blog. She is also the author of the #1 New Release on Amazon, The Real Food Grocery Guide, the most practical guide to selecting the healthiest foods, without going broke, which has been praised by Dr. Oz and InStyle magazines. You can find her on instagram @mariamarlowe.