You spring clean your home, so why not your bod? This delicious Broccoli Basil Bisque will help you do just that.
I often get emails (Or instagrams!) from people who have tried the free 3-day Spring Detox and loved not just the taste….
But, the results, too, such as better regularity, a flatter stomach, and even shedding a few pounds. All the while, never feeling hungry, of course!
Until now, the Broccoli Basil Bisque Soup has only been available in the 3-Day Spring Detox, but I’m sharing it with you here. Just too good to pass up! If you want the full 3-day meal plan, be sure to sign up for it through that link!
- 5 cups broccoli florets (about 2 heads)
- 1 tbs. coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2-3 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1 can cannelini beans (about 15 oz)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- Lightly steam* broccoli for about 3-5 minutes, or until it turns bright green.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, heat the coconut oil over medium low. Add the garlic, ginger, and beans. Saute about 3-4 minutes. Add the steamed broccoli, cook for another minute or two, and then lastly add the fresh basil and stir until completely wilted, which will be 30 seconds to a minute. Remove from heat.
- Next, transfer broccoli bean mixture to a Vitamix or high speed blender. Add the vegetable broth.
- Process on high for about a minute, until a creamy and uniform consistency is formed.
- Pour into bowls and serve immediately (it will still be warm, so no need to reheat).
- Refrigerate leftovers for up to 3 days.
- *If you don't have a steamer, simply pour about 1/4-1/2 inch water in the bottom of a large pot, place broccoli in, cover, and let steam for 3-4 minutes. Drain.