Looking for a quick one-pot pressure cooker meal? Try this Mediterranean Mushroom Quinoa.
Pressure cookers intensify the flavor and cook things upwards of 50% faster than conventional methods. Which means, you can whip up a fast meal that only tastes like you spent hours cooking it.
This Mediterranean Mushroom Quinoa, with spinach, lemon, and Kalmata olives is an easy, flavorful weeknight meal.
Try This Mediterranean Mushroom Quinoa
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it (by clicking the stars in the upper right of the recipe card, below), and don’t forget to tag a photo @mariamarlowe or #mariamarlowe on Instagram or Facebook. I’d love to see what you come up with!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 8 oz crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 ½ cups water
- 10-15 Kalamata Olives, sliced
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice, to taste
- Heat the pressure cooker pan to medium heat, add oil, onion, and mushrooms. Cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add quinoa, water, olives, and spinach. Secure the lid, set to high pressure, and put the heat up to high. Once the pressure cooker has reached high pressure (a knob will pop up), reduce heat to medium/low and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat, and let the pressure release naturally, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste, and serve.
Maria Marlowe is a holistic nutritionist and wellness coach who uses real food to help her clients improve their health, weight, and skin. She offers meal plans, ongoing group workshops both in NYC and online, and writes healthy and delicious recipes for her popular blog. She is also the author of The Real Food Grocery Guide, the most practical guide to selecting the healthiest foods, without going broke. Praised by Dr. Oz and InStyle magazine, it was a #1 new release on Amazon.