Biting into these Cookie Dough Bliss Balls is pure bliss. With a cookie dough center enrobed in dark chocolate shell, each bite is meant to be savored.
Getting off sugar and sweets is much easier when you have equally delicious, but healthier, replacements.
In this case, there is no refined flour or white sugar in the cookie dough – it’s made instead from cashews and maple syrup.
The dark chocolate shell can be as healthy and refined sugar-free as you like it. (Check out my favorite dark chocolate brands if you want specific brand recommendations.)
They come together easily. So, next time you want something sweet, make these Cookie Dough Bliss Balls!
Try this Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- 3 Tbsp. Grade B maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 3 Tbsp. chocolate chips or chunks* (optional)
- 3.5 ounces of 72% or higher dark chocolate*
- In a blender, combine all filling ingredients, except chocolate chips, until cashews are broken down into a batter which holds together when pressed (about 15-30 seconds). Remove the batter to a bowl, and stir in chocolate chips/chunks.
- Using your hands roll the dough into several 1-inch balls, and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. (Makes about 13-15).
- Freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- In a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate, and use two forks to dip each ball in one at a time, coat thoroughly, than remove to the same (frozen) baking sheet. The chocolate should harden in a minute or two. Repeat with remaining balls.
- *See my post of recommended chocolate brands. You will need about 2 chocolate bars.
- *For the chocolate chips, I recommend simply finely chopping up a few pieces of the same dark chocolate you are using for the coating. You should have some left over.
Maria Marlowe is a holistic nutrition and wellness coach who uses real food to help her clients improve their health, weight, and skin. She offers a 28-day healthy eating meal plan that teaches you how to batch cook, as well as one to clear up acne. Her most popular program is EatSLIM, a 10-week online group glass that guides participants to develop healthy eating habits that stick – and lose weight, boost their metabolism, improve their digestion, and quit sugar.
She writes healthy and delicious plant-based recipes for her popular blog. She is also the author of the #1 New Release on Amazon, The Real Food Grocery Guide, the most practical guide to selecting the healthiest foods, without going broke, which has been praised by Dr. Oz and InStyle magazines. You can find her on instagram @mariamarlowe.