When you taste this, you will never buy store bought almond milk, again. It is absolutely heavenly. The best part? It takes less than 5 minutes, and you don’t need a nut milk bag or a Vitamix to make the best almond milk recipe ever.
Almond milk and other dairy-free milk alternatives are more popular than ever. Unfortunately, many of them, have additives, sugar, and fillers that make them less desirable…but you can’t beat the convenience.
Until recently, if I wanted almond milk, I would soak almonds, put them through a Vitamix, and then squeeze the milk out of the nuts with a nut milk bag…which is a tad labor intensive and time consuming.
Best Almond Milk Recipe
Enter this, the best almond milk recipe, ever, which uses one key secret ingredient to give you all the almond-y goodness, without the hard work.
Not only does it taste rich, creamy, and fresh almond-y, it is so easy, and inexpensive, to make.
So, what’s the secret ingredient?
Tips for Making the Best Almond Milk Recipe, Ever
- Use raw almond butter. Raw almond butter gives you a fresh, clean, almond-y flavor, compared to the roasted kinds (although using roasted almond butter is still good!)
- Avoid almond butter with additives. Just like almond milk, almond butter can have sneaky additives, like palm oil, sugar, and salt which you want to avoid. Always read the ingredient list, and ideally, choose an almond butter with just almonds.
Try this Recipe
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it (by clicking the stars in the upper right of the recipe card, below), and don’t forget to tag a photo @mariamarlowe or #mariamarlowe on Instagram. I’d love to see what you come up with!
- 2 Tbsp. raw almond butter
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-2 dates to sweeten OR 1/4-1/2 tsp. monkfruit sweetener (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until smooth. There may be a small bit of sediment from the date, which you can strain out, if you wish.
- Tastes even better cold, so refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Check the ingredient list of your almond butter. Ideally use raw, or at the minimum, one that only contains almonds (not other oils and sugar).
Maria Marlowe is a holistic nutrition and wellness coach who uses real food to help her clients improve their health, weight, and skin. She offers a 28-day healthy eating meal plan that teaches you how to batch cook, as well as one to clear up acne. Her most popular program is EatSLIM, a 10-week online group glass that guides participants to develop healthy eating habits that stick – and lose weight, boost their metabolism, improve their digestion, and quit sugar.
She writes healthy and delicious plant-based recipes for her popular blog. She is also the author of the #1 New Release on Amazon, The Real Food Grocery Guide, the most practical guide to selecting the healthiest foods, without going broke, which has been praised by Dr. Oz and InStyle magazines. You can find her on instagram @mariamarlowe.