These paleo pancakes made from egg and banana will blow your mind.
With no added sugars or grains, these pancakes will be your new go to. For a fall twist, I topped them with pomegranate and pistachio, but you can use whatever toppings you have on hand. They are already moist and sweet from the banana, so maple syrup is optional.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 tsp. almond or vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/8 tsp. baking powder (optional, for fluffier pancakes)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. unrefined coconut oil (or other oil)
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- 2 Tbsp. chopped pistachios
- Peel the banana and break it into 4 parts in a bowl. Use a fork to mash it thoroughly into a pudding like consistency. Add the extract and baking powder if using.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs together. Then, pour the eggs into the banana bowl, and mix well until thoroughly combined. It will be a very liquid-like consistency.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add a few teaspoons of coconut oil. Use about 2 tablespoons of batter per pancake. Cook for about 1 minute. Sprinkle with a few pomegranate seeds before flipping and cooking an additional minute on the other side.
- Transfer the cooked pancakes to a plate, and stack them high. Top with additional pomegranate, pistachios, and maple syrup.