Ready in less than 20 minutes, this artichoke and arugula pizza is sure to become a weeknight favorite.
The crust is simply a toasted brown rice tortilla, and the sauce is a delicious butternut squash sauce, perfect for fall. You can find butternut squash sauce in the tomato sauce section of your grocer.
For this version, I used a topping of arugula and artichoke salad, but you can put any topping you like. Roasted chickpeas or spice-rubbed grilled fish would be a good addition for added protein.
If you make this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment or tag a picture #mariamarlowe on Instagram. I always love to see your creations.
- 4 brown rice tortillas
- 6 oz. grilled artichoke hearts (in package or if in jar, drained), chopped
- 5 oz. of arugula
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thin
- 2-3 tsp. olive oil
- salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 jar butternut squash sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine arugula, artichoke hearts, red onion, olive oil, a pinch of salt, and a generous pinch of black pepper.
- On 1-2 large baking sheets, lay out the 4 tortillas, and bake for 8-10 minutes. Watch the tortillas, as different types will cook at different speeds. They should just be getting crisp and golden on the edges.
- Take the tortillas out of the oven, spoon on a generous amount of butternut squash sauce, spreading it out across the tortilla, leaving a centimeter or so of a crust. and return to the oven for a final 3-5 minutes.
- Take the tortillas out of the oven, put on plates. Spoon the arugula artichoke mix on top of each. Slice into 6 or 8 pieces and serve right away.
- Add your favorite protein on top, such as chickpeas or spice-rubbed grilled fish to make it a complete meal.