10 Flares 10 Flares ×
Ditch the dairy with this easy cashew sour cream recipe.
Cashew Sour Cream
Dairy free sour cream
Write a review
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight in filtered water
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water*
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place all ingredients in a blender (a bullet blender works well) and blend until smooth and creamy, about 30 seconds.
- *This makes a thinner, dressing like consistency. If you'd like a thicker sour cream, start with 1/4 cup water, then add 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Cover and refrigerate. Should last up to 5 days.
- Use as a dressing on salads, with pumpkin quesadillas, or lentil tacos.
Maria Marlowe http://mariamarlowe.com/