Yes, it tastes as good as it sounds.
These one bite sweet potato toasts make the perfect party appetizer. They are visually stunning and add a nice pop of color to the table. Bonus? They may just be the most nutrient-dense thing on the table.
Sweet potato is loaded with Vitamin A, needed for clear skin.
Avocado contains healthy fats, Vitamin K for healthy bones, and folate, which may lower the risk of depression.
Broccoli sprouts may help the body detox certain environmental toxins.
- 2 small/thin sweet potatoes, sliced into thin rounds
- 2-3 tsp. olive oil
- black pepper
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2 Tbsp. red onion, minced
- 1/2 tsp. jalapeno or serrano chile, minced
- 1 tsp. cilantro, minced
- salt to taste
- broccoli sprouts (or any sprouts you can find)
- Preheat oven to 450F. In a large bowl, toss sweet potato wedges with olive oil, and sprinkle with a touch of salt and pepper. Lay out flat on a baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes. The thinner they are cut, the crisper they will be. Thicker slices will be softer, and equally delicious.
- Meanwhile, prepare the topping by putting the avocado, red onion, jalapeno, and cilanro in a bowl. Use a fork to mash well. Season with salt to taste.
- When sweet potato rounds are done, plate them, then spoon a small dollop in the middle of each. Top with a few sprouts. (If sprouts are long, cut the bottom of them off so they fit on your sweet potato rounds.)