Fluffy little pillows of pancakes.
I’m not a huge pancake eater, but I’ve been wanting them again since my recent Beauty Food Brunch. So, this weekend I whipped some plain ones up and drowned them in delicious toppings, like raspberry chia seed jam, coconut cream, maple syrup, fresh berries, and pecans.
I really love Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free pancake mix. It’s not something you want to eat everyday, but I do think their pancakes cook up the best compared to other gluten-free pancake mixes. You can make them according to package directions, which calls for one egg and makes them extra fluffy, or you can replace the egg with mashed banana, as in the recipe below, and you get a really decadent and still fluffy pillow of yumminess.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup hemp milk (or other plant-milk)
- 1 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill gluten-free pancake mix
- In a large bowl, mash bananas thoroughly with a fork. Add hemp milk and pancake flour. Stir well.
- Heat a skillet over medium and add enough oil to coat the bottom. When hot, spoon batter into rounds, and cook until golden on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side. Makes 6 pancakes.
- Stack on a plate. Top with berries, coconut cream, maple syrup, and/or chia seed jam.