This quick watermelon lemonade recipe will brighten any summer day.
It’s cold and refreshing, and comes together in less than 5 minutes.
Plus, since this watermelon lemonade is made in the blender instead of a juicer, the watermelon still retains it’s fiber, which is ideal. And, despite it’s luscious sweetness, watermelon is mostly water and has a low glycemic load, so it won’t cause a large spike in blood sugar.
Watermelon: Watermelon is 92% water and contains an impressive array of phytonutrients, including antioxidant lycopene, which supports, cardiovascular, bone, and skin health. It is high in Vitamins A and C, the anti-inflammatory duo behind clear, ageless skin.
Lemon Juice: Lemon juice is cleansing and alkalizing in the body, plus it’s a good source of Vitamin C. Lemons also contain a powerful antioxidant called limonin, which exhibits anti-cancer properties.
- 4 cups watermelon, cubed*
- 1 tbs. fresh squeezed lemon juice (more to taste)
- 6 mint leaves
- Put watermelon and lemon juice in blender. Blend on medium speed until watermelon is completely broken down into a thin slush. Taste, and if it's to sweet, add more lemon juice 1 teaspoon at a time.
- To serve, gently muddle 3 mint leaves in the bottom of two glasses, then pour watermelon lemonade over it.
- *If you're going to serve right away, ideally the watermelon would be pre-chilled in the refrigerator. If not, you can muddle mint, than add ice before pouring watermelon lemonade in glass.
- *You could blend the mint into the drink, ( it will taste even more amazing!) but it will turn your drink rusty brown instead of bright pink!*