Sweet and spicy, this dish comes together fast, and may even help you get lucky 🙂
Shape magazine asked me to put together a few aphrodisiac recipes in honor of Valentine’s day, so I decided on this delicious chili ginger glaze, which contains a few of the foods purported to put you in the mood.
Chiles: Chiles get your blood pumping, increasing circulation and stimulating nerve endings so that you feel more turned on.
Honey: This sweet and sticky nectar is filled with B vitamins, needed for testosterone production, and boron, which helps the body use and metabolize estrogen. Lore has it that the term “honeymoon” comes from an old tradition in which newlyweds drank a honey drink for 30 days after marriage to help them get acquainted in the bedroom, and thus set the foundation for a healthy marriage.
Whether or not the dish actually helps you score, I don’t know, but it is a quick, easy, and delicious dish to put together for your Valentine.
- 2 4 oz wild salmon filets
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- 2 tbs. honey
- 1 tbs. chili paste
- 1 tbs. fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 425. Sprinkle salmon with salt, and bake for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, In a small saucepan, combine all glaze ingredients, stirring to dissolve the honey, bring to a boil, lower heat to medium low, and let cook down for about 2-3 minutes until slightly thick.
- Remove salmon from oven, brush thoroughly with the glaze, and put on top rack under broiler for 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.